Sunday, November 1, 2009

A first for me...

Finally, time to breathe a little bit! September was the 2nd busiest month I have had in the 14 plus years I've DJ'ed. Followed that up with an October that was pretty busy also. Now it's time for me to get back to basics. New logo and design, new marketing materials, a website (Mike Jensen, Kendra Pfeiffer and others, you're welcome... ) getting back to AFWPI and all the other wedding professional events, etc.

I've been blessed to be a part of over 1,000 events in my life as a DJ/MC, and even more fortunate to do it without a website, blog, or extensive marketing. I always have believed that the difference between the good pro's and the GREAT pro's is the connections they make with the professionals they work with and the impressions they leave on every guest at the event we work. The word of mouth referral and vendor referrals have been a major factor in my successful business.

But complacency kills... and I'm not going to let it sneak up on me. So.... The website is under construction and should be up in mid- November. The new logo and such to come even earlier.

For the time being, I am going to start blogging when possible and as I get pictures from events I work. In the meantime, talk soon....

No comments:

Post a Comment